12/06/2015

IRELAND

IRELAND

It is a sovereing state in north western Europe occupying about five-sixths of the island of Ireland. The capital and the biggest city is Dublín located in the eastern part of the island.


Ireland is name too like the "Emerald Isle" because of the poem "Erin" of William Drenan


TIPICAL THINGS:

Almost all of you know that one tipical thing in Ireland is The beer and this is true it has a dark colour and this beer is know in all the world.


Another tipical thing is the Shamrock  it isis a young sprig of clover, used as a symbol of Ireland. Saint Patrick, Ireland's patron saint, is said to have used it as a metaphor for the Christian Trinity. The Irish people say that if you have a Shamrock you are going to have good luck in every thing


Resultado de imagen de trebol de irlanda
The Leprechaun are a type of simbol in Irish folklore. It is usually represented as a little old man, wearing a coat and hat, who partakes in mischief. They are solitary creatures who spend their time making shoes and have a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If captured by a human, the leprechaun has the magical power to grant three wishes in exchange for their freedom.




Galeic football and hurling are the traditional sports of Ireland as well as most popular spectators sports.



The cuisine takes its influence from the crops grown and animals farmed in its temperature climate. The introduction of the potato in the second half of the 16th century heavily influenced Ireland's cuisine thereafter and, as a result, is often closely associated with Ireland. Representative Irish dishes include Irish stew, bacon and cabbage, boxty,  coddle, and colcannon.



In Irland there are many castles to visit
 
And know I am going to show you a video abput the diferents place to visit in the capital, Dublin.



QUESTIONS

1.WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT IRELAD?
2. WHICH IS THE TIPICAL THING THAT YOU LIKE THE MOST?
3.WOULD YOU LIKE TO VISIT IRELAND?
4. WATCH THE VIDEO AND SAY WICH PLACE IS YOUR FAVOURITE
5. WHAT ARE THE COLOURS OF THE FLAG?

15 comments:

  1. hi Marta

    1.- I love the Irish culture and its customs. It has also a really beautiful landscape.
    2.- I love the clover as a symbol in general, so that would be my favourite. And I like the fact that Irish people are known as drinkers.
    3.- Of course, I am a fan of Ireland and definitely want to go one day.
    4.- I like the typical Irish pubs and would like to go there once.
    5.- The Irish flag is green, white and orange.

    see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marta!!!

    1.- Green is one of my favourite colours and the predominant colour por Ireland is green, this is one of the causes why I really like Ireland.
    2.- I love the Leprechaun, when I was younger I used to see movies about these little old men, they are lovely!
    3.- Yes of course, it is near UK and I would like to visit both countries.
    4.- I choose the typical bars like my favourites, they have a lot of history!
    5.- Green, white and orange are the colours of the Irish flag.

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    1) Its culture,and its folcloric music, they are really special.
    2) The Shamrock and the Leprechaun.
    3) Yes, of course, I think that it's a magical country full of history and tradition.
    4) I like the Phoenix Park, its amazing.
    5) The colours of the flag are: green, white and orange.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    1. What I like the most is the Irish culture, for example St Patrick day.
    2. I like the leprechaun, it is the symbol!
    3. Yes! Why not? It's a beautiful country!
    4. My favourite place is the "Dublin Zoo" because I love animals and there are a lot.
    5. The flag is green, orange and white.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    1.- I like the castles and the sports.
    2.- The symbols.
    3.- Yes, of course I think that it´s a good country.
    4.- I like the Phoenix Park
    5.- The flag is green, orange and white.
    Bye-bye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Martaaa;)
    1. I think, the weather and the castles because they're incredible.
    2. I love the leprechaun because it's the main symbol and I love the legend too.
    3. Of course, because it has lots of beautiful places and green landscapes.
    4.My favourite places are the Irish pubs and teh Phoenix Park because there, I could know more about the country and the people, also I could relax there.
    5. The flag is orange, white and green

    BYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!!
    1. I think that the castles are incredible and the green color of the country is tehe best thing.
    2. The sports.
    3. Yes, I love travel and I like the country.
    4. The Dublin Zoo.
    5. The flag is orange, white and green

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hii!!

    1.- I love the Irish culture and the nature.
    2.- Galeic football and hurling because I love the sport.
    3.- Yes, of course I love knows new contries.
    4.- The Irish pubs and teh Phoenix Park.
    5.- The flag is orange, white and green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    I like the castles with their green gardens.
    Like Alfonso said, I love the Leprechauns!! I used to see these movies too jajajaja.
    Of course, I love travelling!
    My favourite place of the video, the Irish pubs
    And the flag is orange, white and green

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!
    I like the castles with their green gardens.
    Like Alfonso said, I love the Leprechauns!! I used to see these movies too jajajaja.
    Of course, I love travelling!
    My favourite place of the video, the Irish pubs
    And the flag is orange, white and green

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hii Marta!

    1.- The landscape is incredible, and algo their symbols and their beliefs.
    2.- The Shamrock, I also think that bring good luck.
    3.- Sure, it's in my list of country to visit in the future.
    4.- I don't know which place, maybe the pubs.
    5.- They are, green, white and orange.

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Marta!
    - I like I´rland for her beautifuls landcape and for the accent of th epeople
    - The castles because I like see how the people live in the past and they are so amazings.
    - I will go to Ireland
    - I like the Phoenix Park beacuse it remembers me the films of Harry Potter.
    - It's Green, White and orange.

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    1.I like Ireland because it's a green country and it conserves almost all its traditions.
    2. The traditions about the leprechauns.
    3.Yes,of course.
    4. The pubs are great.
    5.Green,white and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI!

    1. His music, because I love music
    2. The Shamrock
    3. Yes, I do. I want to visit it
    4. Irish pubs
    5. They are green, white and orange

    ReplyDelete